Policy courtesy of PODSOC
A specified number of food truck spaces are available for recognized student organizations and campus departments to reserve for events.
The respective Student Activities/Life Offices are responsible for the conduct of the individuals representing the private entity while they are on campus.
To ensure contractual equity amongst vendors on and off campus, vendors that do not contribute to the bond fee via a lease will be required to pay a $75 reservation fee.
This reservation fee will be paid to Auraria Higher Education Center and used toward AHEC Bond Fee revenue.
The sponsoring organization and their respective Student Activities/Life Office are responsible for collecting any additional fees they have chosen to assess the private entity. The following must apply:
1. In the interest of maintaining equity for existing food operations on campus and due to limited space, food trucks are limited on campus to one day (Mondays).
2. Each institution, (CCD, MSU Denver, UCD) will rotate reservation priority on a weekly basis.
3. A maximum of four food truck locations have been designated at the Lawrence Way turnaround between St. Cajetans’s Center and the King Center.
4. Organizations/departments must reserve the space through their Student Activities/Life Offices, according to established reservations procedures.
5. All Food Trucks are required to carry insurance that meets the State of Colorado’s minimum requirements.
6. The following annual events (sponsored by the Office of CCD Student Life, Metro State Student Activities and CU Denver Student Life) are exempt from the limited food truck locations and reservation fees:
Welcome Back Week
Cinco de Mayo
Food Truck Challenge
Disability Awareness Festival
This policy will be reviewed on an annual basis by the Policy Development and Shared Operations Committee.
Latest posts by News Staff (see all)
- Where are my pandas? The fury over the furry side of the shutdown - October 10, 2013
- MSU Denver Department of Aviation and Aerospace taking off - September 19, 2013
- Road rage not the answer - September 11, 2013